Dr. Carol Halloran is committed to providing prompt dental emergency care in Waterloo, Iowa. If you experience any dental pain or if you have a dental emergency, we urge you to contact our office as soon as possible. The following are reasons to schedule an appointment:
- Chipped or broken tooth
- A knocked-out or lost tooth
- Loose or partially dislodged tooth
- Objects stuck between teeth
- Lost filling
- Lost crown
- Soft-tissue injury
- Red, tender, or swollen gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- A persistent pimple on the gums
To help you out until you come to see us, here are a few tips to lessen your discomfort:
- If you have a toothache, rinse your mouth with warm water. Then apply a cold compress to the outside of your mouth or cheek if there is any swelling.
- If your teeth chip or break, be sure to save the pieces. Use a piece of gauze to stop any bleeding.
- If your tooth is knocked out, save the tooth and keep it moist. If possible, attempt to put the tooth back in place. Knocked-out teeth have the highest chance of being saved if the patient sees the dentist and returns the tooth to their socket within one hour.
Contact Crossroads Dental immediately for an appointment with our dentist if you experience any dental pain or dental emergency.